Thursday, March 5, 2015

We Love the Classics

Last week was a little bit of an exciting week. Jesse and I bought another car. And not just any car, but his grandpa's '39 Chevy! This is something that Jesse has always wanted and when his grandpa decided it was time for him to get a different classic car, we knew right where his old one was going! The whole thing happened kind of fast. We found out on Tuesday that he might be selling it and by 9am the next day, it was in our garage!

I love all the details on this old girl!

As some of you might have noticed, we have a thing for classic cars :) My first car, which I still own, is a 1963 Rambler Wagon. We also have Jesse's dad's '68 Chevelle and one day I'll also have a '50 Chevy pickup that is my dad's.

So when a classic car show came to the city, we headed up on Friday to see the sites.

As I mentioned, my dad has a '50 Chevy pickup, so my favorites at shows are always the trucks. This '48 has had some MAJOR work done! Man was it gorgeous!

And I'm always excited when I see Ramblers at shows. You don't see many of them around anymore. And wagons are even more rare. This one was just a sedan, but I loved all the Rambler decals and designs :)
 
I love all the fun, creative ideas people come up with!

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is a stunning car :) I didn't realize it was this big! I like classic cars too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun that you and Jesse can share your enthusiasm for classic cars. They don't build 'em like that anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME car... I can just see you tooling around town in it! That truck at the show is a real low rider! And Ramblers... well, my high school boyfriend's family had a station wagon -- aqua and white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaah! LOVE. It's so awesome that you guys have a little collection growing. I'm not much of a gear head, but I love the design aspect of classic cars. If we had more space to store them, I'd probably have some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, man. So cool! Plus, his last name looks pretty neat on the plates! I love Chevelles - they are probably my favorite classic car.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You new car is gorgeous! What a great piece of American history to have. My dad had a gangsta 1940 Dodge for many, many years. But since it never got use, he sold it to a happy customer on Craigslist a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new Classic! You're so lucky...
    I always love it when there's a classic car show nearby, because we usually get to see all the pretty cars on the road. The fifties cars are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The brown paintwork is really unique, it is something different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! She's a beauty, Edi! Congrats. Classic cars are so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The new car looks great! Congrats! How fun to get to go to a car show, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fantastic car, congratulations! Is it easy to drive? Such a stunner! I love the green pick-up, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one gorgeous car, Edi! I don't know much about classic cars but I know how much I love looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is a great car Edi! and wow it has some amazing detail. Congrats on the new addition to your collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome, and I love that bench. Great how they managed to incorporate the doorhandles in the design as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful car! Enjoy it! My uncle used to collect old cars, I remember playing in a T model that was in his garage. unfortunately he never did anything with them and sold them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I didn't know you had those cars. And these are great pictures. I'm not into cars like the hubster is. I tell him that it is nothing more than something that gets me from point A to point B. However, I'm fascinated with the cars you have in your photos. I could look at those all day because they are not only bits of history, they are pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! That's exciting! I can see how thrilled you must be!
    My parents had a couple ramblers when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...