Monday, February 23, 2015

Studio Updates

Slowly but surely, I am adding little finishing touches to my studio. The more I work in here, the more I decide where I would like things moved and where I need more lighting. I still have a few pieces of art I've purchased that need hung on the walls, but I'd like to wait until I'm done moving things around so I can see what space I have to work with. Here are the additions so far...

A new pink chair! Before I just had a folding chair with a couple pillows for cushions...lol. This chair had my name all over it. It's the perfect height for this table and is comfy as well.

I also got a cool new rug. The gray ties in with my wall color and the chevron patters was calling to me. (Ignore the line of boxes around the rug. They tend to pile up when the delivery guys are here 2 or 3 days in a row!)

I've also added some fun new pieces to my desk. I found one of these little signs on sale at Hallmark for under $3! And got the matching one with a coupon! The lamp was another piece that just had my name written all over it! Pink AND chevron, yes please.

As I mentioned, I'm finding out where I need more lighting in my room the more I'm in here. We installed 15 can lights when we built the studio. According to the layout provided by the store, that was way more lights that I should have needed. We even installed a dimmer switch because the electrician was afraid it would be too much light...wrong! One place I've found where we missed a huge lighting area is right over my shipping station. So instead of cutting into the dry wall and having to tie into another light, I just decided to add a scissor light above the desk.
I'm not entirely thrilled with the colors, but it ties in okay. I'm thinking the shade may have to be painted pink at some point though :)

Have you been updating your work space lately?

18 comments:

  1. Those pinkish accents definatelly make a big statement! I cant wait to get my new studio done, I really hopping in this year... maybe this summer if nothing else happen :) Congrats on your progress!
    Chair is my favorite - hot pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pink chair :) The pink and chevron lamp adds a nice pop of colour in the corner. Good idea about the light above the shipping area. You can never have too much light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your studio is lovely. I, too, especially like the pink chair! Everything is very well getting together, and the overall impression is cozy, homely, but very neat as well. Congratulations! wishing you very productive and inspirational activities there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to have a dedicated space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am LOVING that scissor lamp! I know you said it's not your favorite, but I think it adds a little contrast. (If everything ends up being pink, none of it will stand out, you know?) I almost used one that's very similar in the room I designed for today, so that's funny. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the chevron rug and pink curtains! And the pink chair. Looks like an awesome work space. The scissor light looks like it was just meant to be. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the rug! And I think that lamp is pretty cool.

    I am actually trying to get more serious about organization and storage in my space. I'm hoping to have everything nice enough to post about it sometime this spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your new pieces look great! It's fun to see everything come together in your studio.

    I've been doing some general cleaning in my workspace lately. The kitties seem to think that I'm doing it for their benefit so that there is more space for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the peak into your studio. Your pink chair is awesome! Lighting is one of those things where you don't really know what you need until you start working away. The happiness signs are really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is coming together beautifully! It's nice to have all the personal touches when you're in a space as much as you are. It makes being there that much better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all the additions, especially the happiness signs! I'm still adding things as I realize I need them. I want a pink chair now though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! What a great work space! Love the colors and all the fun accents. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your cheery accent pieces--especially the pink chair!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Somebody loves a chevron print! Love this "behind the scenes". I imagine light is a big deal with all the details you work on...good job getting all the extras in there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks great Edi! I love how the space is so YOU - ver inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a great place to get work done. I am still moving things around to make my workspace a more fun space to work in. I love that lamp in the last photo, it both looks great and practical.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was giggling through this post because each item is so you! Pink chair, chevron, chevron in pink! all so cute :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...