Thursday, January 29, 2015

BBA Challenge - Goals or Hopes for the New Year!

To start off the year, our first BBA Challenge is brought to us by Beaded Tail. She writes:
"What do you hope to accomplish this year? What are you looking forward to doing in 2015? Do you have plans to travel some place exciting, move to a new home/city or how about get a kitten? Will you be taking your shop in new directions? Let us know or give us a hint of your year to come! "
 
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I didn't have any traditional goals for 2014. And 2015 is much the same. I'm really in a happy place both personally and professionally. But that doesn't mean I don't still have plans for the new year.

As I also mentioned in an earlier post, I'm planning to buy a second laser this year! This is a really big deal for my small business! It's a very large investment that I've put a lot of thought into. I must say that my first laser was the best investment I ever made for my business and I hope this one is equally rewarding. The machine will be larger and allow me to cut thicker material and engrave taller items.
I go to see a demo machine on February 19th!!! And as soon as I can get my taxes finished up, I'll be placing my order!

Another thing I would like to accomplish for my business is to finally start a business Facebook page. I've been asked numerous times if I have a page and I feel it would be a good place to branch out and meet new potential customers. I very rarely post my work on my personal page as I don't want to spam my friends. A business page will allow me to snap pictures of my daily work and just write a comment or two.
As most of you know, I don't do much with social media. My blog is really the only form I currently have. So I am proof that you don't have to participate in every form of social media out there to run a successful business. But I do feel adding a FB page will help me grow my business without taking up too much time.
 
What are your plans for 2015?

10 comments:

  1. I'm sure the new laser will be a good investment. I'll look forward to seeing your new Facebook page. Wishing you continued success in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a business FB page, either, but so many people ask that I might just have to do it. Siiiiiiigh. It's interesting that you point out your success despite a "lack" of social media presence. I don't rely on mine, either! Yeah, I have accounts and sometimes I use them to tag brands, but 99% of why I have them is for chatting. Hahaha. My only serious endeavor is the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was an article on Etsy describing four different social media types. I've made sales through Instagram so I'll be sticking with that. Getting the new laser must be so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that when you choose to use social media, you should use what works for you, and then use it well. It's less important how many channels you use. I'm so excited for you, by the way, that you'll be getting a second laser. You'll have to give them names!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A FB page will be great so I can link you when I make pendants! :) I know you'll put that new laser to work fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited for you about your new laser and can't wait to see what you can do with it!

    FB is a great place to connect, but it has greatly declined in reach for small businesses. I never really did very much with our fan page. It's there, and I try to post once in awhile, but it's not a big thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must be thrilled about the new laser! You are such a smart business woman Edi. Facebook will be great for you too, I'm sure. I get a lot of hits to my shop and blog from my business FB page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Facebook is a great place for exposure and interacting with your customers! I have never sold directly from the site but some people have great luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting about the new laser! I think that Judy's right about social media. It's easy to spread yourself too thin instead of concentrating on the networks that make the most sense for you and your business. Best of luck with the new FB page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just catching up on my blog reading, obviously. Sounds like great plans for 2015! A new laser, WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...