Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pink & White Acrylic Clock

Something I've been wanting to make for my new studio since I moved in was a clock. I'd seen some really cool clocks made with a laser and knew I wanted to try my hand at one. I have to say...I'm so excited with how it turned out!!!

At first I was just going to have a pink face with the numbers cut out and white acrylic behind the numbers. But once I started putting the pieces together, it looked kind of boring.

In the process of cutting out the white ring to put behind the numbers, this left me with another white circle cutout. I played around with it for a little while trying to decide if I liked it on top of the pink clock face. Then the idea came to me to cut out a pretty design!

In the end, I didn't even use the white ring to put behind the numbers, I liked the cutout look. But that step led me to the white center of my clock which I think really finishes the clock of nicely!

 This is something I do hope to eventually add to my shop. I have a few other colors of acrylic on hand, but would like to add a nice variety of options. And I need to find a good source for clock hands as well. I would like to offer a variety of these as well, like black, gold and silver.

What do you think?

16 comments:

  1. Wow! This is great!! I totally love the white design in the center. What a unique clock :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! And you know I love that it's pink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I really like this! Can you also use different shades of wood for a different effect?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great! I love the contrast of the white and pink. You are so creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. very different! I like it! Hope it does well for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since you work round the clock, it was a great idea that you have a clock made by you in your studio! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah - very cool! I love cut out designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog! Found you on the Etsy blog team! Excited to be your newest follow :)

    -Saralyn

    http://www.friedpicklesblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the clock. It's beautiful! I'm your newest follower. I found you on the etsy blog team.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so fabulous! What a great addition to your new studio. I would love to see it in your shop as well. The customization possibilities are endless. Good luck finding a clock hands supplier!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this clock and can't wait til you have them in your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cool!! have you've thought of making a laser cut wooden clock? I bet those would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...