Thursday, July 18, 2013

Weekend Getaway - Part II

As promised on Tuesday, here are some photos of all the fun things we did while visiting my parents last weekend. We were only there for 2.5 days, but we packed in a lot of great times!

We got there Friday afternoon and didn't waste anytime. We headed into Branson to go wine tasting. We stopped at two different wineries for some sampling and purchasing. We had supper at a cute little diner that looked like it was out of the '50s...an old jukebox, food in red baskets, stools at the counter and ice cream treats. I wish I would have gotten some pictures, but I was too busy enjoying my meal :)

Saturday we went zip lining. I'm not a big fan of heights and I'm kind of a scaredy cat anymore, but this was so much fun! I was scared to death at first, but by the last jump I was able to let go of the rope and enjoy the ride :) I wish they would have let me bring my camera to get us all jumping and zipping on the lines, but this blurry group shot will have to do...lol.

After zip lining, we went back to my parents' and out on the lake. We just tied our tubes onto the boat and floated the afternoon away (see yesterday's post). I got one of my favorite photos during this trip...my dad and I smiling :) The one of Jesse and I is pretty good too :)

On Sunday we road tripped down to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. My parents live real close to the AR border, so it was just an hour long drive. The main street is filled with little shops selling art, trinkets, souvenirs, clothing, etc. I bought myself a ring, a pair of sunglasses ($4.99!) and a t-shirt.

We also saw this cute Humpty Dumpty at one of the upper level stores.

And ran into an accordion player on the street who offered to play us a tune.

It was great to get away for the weekend for a fun and relaxing time. I'm hoping to get back down at least once more this summer to enjoy more time on the lake :)

19 comments:

  1. Super cool that you went zip lining! I'd be a scaredy cat too. Looks like a ton of fun, especially for being only 2 1/2 days. Glad you had a great time.
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fun-filled weekend! I would love to live near a lake! The pictures are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like so much fun! I love finding cute places to eat at. I'd love to try zip lining again, I did once years ago, and I (think) I liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like loads of fun! I enjoy spending time with my family too, so I know how you feel. The photo of you and your dad is great! I like Mr. Humpty Dumpty! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great time! That sounds like what we do when we visit family. Lots of hanging out and relaxing activities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure can pack a lot of fun into a couple of days. Looks like you had a blast! Also, I do like the photo below. You look so relaxed, and two beverages!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great time! I'd be scared to death on a zip line too -- you're braver than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a brave woman! I would have passed on the zip lining!! Great photo of you and your dad!! So glad you had a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a great time!! You are much braver than I am... I don't think I would have tried the zip line!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sure packed a lot of fun into 2.5 days! My cousin went zip lining in Indian Point, MO last Thursday but she chickened out although her daughter went. They went to Fudruckers and Silver Dollar City that day too and to Eureka Springs the next day. My oldest cousin (her brother) lives in Cassville so they were visiting and did the touristy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great that you were able to do so much during your weekend visit! Wineries are always fun, and ziplining is an amazing experience. The picture of you and your dad is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun weekend!

    Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So awesome! Glad to see you are suitably "summering".

    What the heck?! You guys have roaming accordion player dudes down there? Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like tons of fun. You crammed a lot in just a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw zip liners on vacation, but we never went! I just kind of felt bad about spending as much as they charge around here when I'd already insisted on doing so many other things. Looks like you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow - you really did pack a lot into a short time! Looks like everyone had a lot of fun, too. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun weekend! I hope you had a blast zip lining! That is on my bucket list but have not done it yet. The accordian player looks like such a character. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time! I'm glad you got to spend such fun times with your family.
    I've been a bit nervous about zip lining, especially after a friend broke her ankle. I think I'm just going to have to get over it, and try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...