Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Tree and Sign

 
Last Thursday we got our memorial tree planted. It was a gift from Jesse's family and I think it's the best gift I've ever received! I also think it might be the most thoughtful gift I've ever received. We planted it in the front yard so I see it every time I look out the kitchen window. And it's right at the front of the driveway so we see it the minute we get to the house.

We also got some perennials to go with it. I got to pick these out myself, so of course I went with a pink. I chose two pink roses that are a hearty shrub variety that will be easy to take care of. (Since I don't have a green thumb!)

I also chose three black violas. I've never seen a black flower before and I think they complement the pink well. I just love how everything turned out!

I also designed some memorial signs. I used the same software I use for my laser and emailed the file to a company in a neighboring town for them to cut out. Boy how I wish my laser could cut metal! What I love most is that the bird in the middle matches my tattoo :)

Every time I look outside or go to the mailbox, I'll think of my brother :)

21 comments:

  1. what a wonderful memorial! something that you'll be able to see all the time, through the years. and that metal sign is really something - wow they did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That memorial signs is beautiful, I love that it matches your tattoo and that you designed it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely memorial, and it's so nice that you can see it from the driveway, the windows and as you pull up to the house. The memorial sign that you designed is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful memorial! I love the free bird you designed for your tattoo and the metal sign. And the location is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is all so thoughtful and sweet, and I love that you designed the sign yourself. The flowers were a nice touch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful memorial for your brother. The sign turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a wonderful idea!! Also, the design came out great. That is something you can consider adding to your shop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful! What a sweet tribute to your brother. I love the metal sign design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is all absolutely beautiful Edi - the tree, the flowers, and especially the sign. What a wonderful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sign is really beautiful! I had no idea black violas existed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The whole memorial is beautiful -- and will be even more so when everything grows! I've never seen a black flower either; it will definitely be lovely alongside the roses! The sign turned out really well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful Edi! The tree is such a thoughtful gift. Your flowers are so pretty too. Thank goodness for hearty plants!

    The memorial sign is beautiful. Maybe you will have to think of getting a laser that can cut metal someday. :) Imagine the doors that would open for your business!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely memorial. Sending you (((hugs and prayers))).

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is the most wonderful and special memorial tree, Edi. And you chose the perfect spot to plant it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a beautiful tribute! That tree will be filled with love every time you see it - it will thrive there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a really beautiful sentiment, and the sign came out beautiful. I've done the same thing at my house - planting a tree in memory of a family member and I'm always reminded of them when I see it outside.
    Those flowers you picked are beautiful, I never saw a black viola either!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so beautiful! The metal sign is wonderful!
    What a wonderful and special memorial to your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an incredible gift, and memorial tree, and I love how the sign turned out too, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an incredible gift and wonderful memorial for your brother. I love how perfect your sign turned out.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a beautiful tree. How thoughtful! {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  21. This post brought tears to my eyes. The tree is indeed a perfect--and lasting--reminder of your brother. And the sign is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...