Saturday, October 15, 2011

Search Ads - Week Two Review

Last week I did a review about Etsy's new Search Ads. You can read about it HERE.
Today I'll give a review about how the second week went.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This week was even more discouraging than last week. This week I had a total of 36 Views and only 2 Favorites compared to last week's 42 Views and 5 Favorites. Not really worth $10 if you ask me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But here is what I did learn...
My most views came from my scrapbooks. Photo Albums and Albums were my highest viewed keywords. And my Custom Birthday Album and Custom Bare Chipboard Album were my two highest viewed listings.
My Engraved Guestbooks and Wood Greeting Cards weren't far behind, so that makes me happy as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This has made me take another look at my tags and titles. The keywords that didn't get any views will be reviewed and revised.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the end, I won't be renewing my ads for another week, but might give the ads another try after the first of the year...who knows. I do think there are better ways to spend advertising money. And this got my mind thinking that if I'm willing to spend $10 on search ads...why not spend it on other forms of advertising. So this was a good learning experience, but not one I'll be doing again soon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What did you learn from search ads? Will you continue your ads?

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience with the new search ads!
    I experimented with these kind of ads on my other selling venue, and I wasn't too pleased with the results. I will be looking into advertising on "high-visibility" blogs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My experience has made me really question ads and where my money is best served. We really have to be proactive in getting our shops noticed. The days of old are long gone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this info. It's good to research, spending money on ads that don't bring the buyers... it's much too easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your reporting, edi. maybe ads on Facebook would be the ticket!? That would be highly visible...

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for posting about your experience with the Etsy ads -LOVE the engraved guest books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for posting about your experience with the Etsy ads -LOVE the engraved guest books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I have said before, it's just another way for Etsy to make money. Not worth it. I will not be using or buying any search ads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the detailed review. I haven't tried Etsy Search Ads yet. I do need to think about where to do Ads though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lot of money for such poor results. I don't know if Project Wonderful works but it seems that you could advertise off Etsy on blogs for a whole lot less with maybe better results. But as you said, maybe the keywords are the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad that the ad process has been valuable for keyword knowledge at least. I'm sorry that not much else resulted from it. You'll have to keep us posted on your next advertising venture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your info. I'm not quite ready to call it quits yet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If nothing else, it sounds like you got good information about keywords that get people to your shop. Was any of that information duplicated in Etsy's free Shop Stats?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...