Sunday, November 15, 2009

New Diplay and Craft Show Overview

I had my second fall craft show yesterday. The results were about like my first fall craft show...good...but could have been better. I would still call the show a success because I made money and handed out tons of business cards :)
The best part of the show was the fact that I got my new display done!!! I made a sign to put up behind my display and I made some longer shelves that I think really made the display come together! I love how it turned out!!! I made the sign to match my business cards and avatar and banner.
And here is a before and after photo of how my display used to look and how it looks now. I would still like to make lots of changes to my display, but for now...I'm pretty happy with how it looks :)
I found several things interesting at yesterday's craft show:
*I sold three pet themed albums
*I didn't sell ANY Family Word Albums
*The Friends Word Albums are selling better than the Family Word Albums this year
*I didn't sell a single baby themed item
I guess it just goes to show that you can never guess what is going to sell! That's why I offer a wide variety of themes and styles of albums...that way there is something for everyone :)
I hope everyone participating in craft shows is having much success :) And if you're in the area...I'll be doing my third fall craft show in Atlantic, IA on Dec. 4 and 5. Hope to see you there :)

5 comments:

  1. Interesting results. I have seen really cute pet products that are being marketed heavily at a few local stores...

    I like your display!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the display! I could use one like that but table topper size (most of the shows I have been to are tables, not booths).

    So, friends come before family this year huh? :) And pets. It is fun to compare what sells when & where. I always do better further from Xmas, probably b/c bags are a "me" item & less a gift item. You're lucky, yours are equally awesome for both! Loving the new address books btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your display looks great and I really like your new sign! Of course I'm not surprised that you sold three pet themed albums!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! and your right - you never can predict what's going to sell :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! I'm redoing my design of my booth for next week (and two shows after that), but do not have a before picture from last year. Suffice it to say, this year will be much better, due to the planning and thought that has gone into it this year! Hope it helps sales!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...