Sunday, November 1, 2009

In Remembrance

I received terrible news yesterday that my parent's dog (and my sweet sisfur) had passed away. She was 17 years old and lived a wonderful life, but her passing was still hard on the whole family!
So in remembrance of my little sisfur...I knew I needed to make this layout. I got to see her for one last time this summer and knew it would be the last, so I made sure to get a picture with her and my other sisfur :) This picture is truly a treasure!
My sisfur's passing got me to thinking of other furry friends loved and lost. I cannot believe it will be 2 years tomorrow since our sweet Sidney left us! She was the best furbaby and has yet to be replaced!
There must be something with this time of year, because we also lost our first furbaby on Oct. 7, 2005! Mr. Bo Jangles was the first dog Jesse and I got together. He was such a character and had so much energy!
So today I am taking some time to reflect on my furry friends and all the love they brought into our lives. I cannot imagine my life without furbabies in it! The loss is hard, but a life without them ever in it is just unbearable. Take time today to hug your furbabies...I know I will be :)

11 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for the loss of your sisfur. You have found the most beautiful way to honor the furbabies in your life - I love all those layouts and I'm sure they bring back tons of memories when you look at them. My thoughts are with you and your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owww! what a wonderful testiment to your dearly departed.

    Excellent post and idea, Edi!!
    My prayers!
    Anne ^i^

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs* no wonder you needed a reason to smile today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear about your furry friend. What a wonderful way to remember them though. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for your loss! Our furry friends do add so much to our lives =) Looks like you have had some wonderful companions and great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edi, so sorry for your loss...I know how you must feel having lost furfamily myself. The way you honored them is beautifilled, such a special rememberance tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a loving way to remember. I'm hugging the furbabies now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post, and what wonderful layouts! I think you should sell something like those in your shops, with these examples as everyone (myself included) wants to memorialize their pets and this is a great way to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to hear of the passing of the beloved dog. What a wonderful tribute and doggy memorial you've written. I'm off to hug and kiss my furry baby Aleethea now. oxox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...