Thursday, April 30, 2009

Artist vs. Crafter

The age old question when it comes to the art world: Are you an artist or a crafter? And do you feel there is a difference?
I am one of those people who feels that everyone is an artist :) I like to think of every layout, album, greeting card, etc. I make to be a small work of art. I put my heart and soul into my work and consider it all to be art.
There are those people out there that feel you can only call yourself an artist after you've gone to college and received an art degree...I say phooey! You learn the most about art from creating it :)
So whether you call yourself a crafter or an artist...I guess my biggest piece of advise is to just have fun in whatever you do :) That's what makes it special!!!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what I am but I do have fun doing what I do! You are most certainly an artist in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think once you do your craft...you become an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I think some of what I do is more craft, and some more art. I think part of it is how original or how much work I have to put into it :P But since I do count a lot of it as art - then I call myself an artist! Mom on the other hand feels more like what she does is craft, so I'm calling her an artisan :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. never really thought about it to tell you the truth but if I had to say ..probably would say crafter

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...