Friday, October 24, 2008

Blog Carnival: Recipes

At my family gatherings, we always do potluck style feasts. The funny thing is, every time, everyone brings the same dishes :) This way we know what to expect and know we'll love what's there. Last year at Thanksgiving I gave everyone recipe cards I had made and had them fill them out and bring them back at Christmas with their dishes. I photographed every dish and have a corresponding recipe card to go with it. My plan (eventually) is to put them all into an album...and hopefully make one for every family.
One of my favorite dishes is my Grandma's ham balls. They are just great :)
Ham Balls
  • 3 lbs. ham loaf
  • 1 can tomato soup
  • 1-8 oz. can tomato sauce
  • 1/4 cup vinegar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tsp. dry mustard

Form ham loaf into walnut sized balls and place in a 9x13 pan. Mix sauce and pour over ham balls. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

The best part about these ham balls is the fact that they are so easy. They don't just have to be made for special family gatherings. They can be whipped up on a busy week night. Just mix everything, pop 'em in the oven, and go get some work done for an hour :)

Here are the cards I made:

And here is the pic I took of Grandma's ham balls....YUM!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful idea about the recipe cards. I know that your family will love the album:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even from a vegetarian, they look good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...