Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sturgis Begins!

I thought with it being the first day of Sturgis and all, I would post some layouts of last year's rally. We had such a good time and the scenery was just amazing. It's really surprising how much more you pay attention to your surroundings when you're on a bike compared to in a car. It sounds corny, but you feel like one with nature on a bike!

We got to see all the great South Dakota tourist attractions: Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Spearfish Canyon, Custer State Park, and much more. It was a nice relaxing vacation and it makes me want to go back. So for those of you already there or on your way...have a blast :)


I had a lot of fun collecting ephemera to go in my Sturgis mini album. On the first page shown, I used a patch and a magnet...also shown in last photo. These things may not always be archival safe though, so keep an eye on that if that is important to you. Some things can be sprayed with archival mist, but others will have to be left as is.
On the second 2-page layout, there are three different shots of Mt. Rushmore. I used a post card, a photo I took, and a sticker all of the same sight...just with different perspectives. Post cards are great in scrapbooking because they usually feature an uncluttered shot that you may not be able to get from your view. Not having other tourists in your shot is nice too :)
So next time your on a vacation, look at all the things around you and see a whole new world of scrapbook embellishments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...