Saturday, May 10, 2008

Graduation Cards

Can you believe it is already time for school to be out for summer!!! And you know what that means...graduations. This year, I have several graduations to attend. My nephew and cousin both graduate as well as several family friends. As always, I am making cards to give everyone. I love to make custom cards for each individual, but when I have so many to make, I like to mass produce them to save time. I set up an assembly line and get crafting!

Here are the cards I've made for the graduates this year:

I did do some customizing by making the cards match the graduate's school colors. My home town colors are red and black...as you can see on the card. I stuck with a very basic format and wrote each one a special message on the inside.
Do you have lots of graduations coming up this year? How about weddings, shower invitations, birthdays, or anniversaries? You can make an assembly line for all of these cards. Start out by cutting all your card bases. Next, cut all patterned paper and cardstock mats. Keeping everything the same size makes it much easier to mass produce. Set out all embellishments and put together ones that require assembly (brads in center of flowers, stamping sentiments, etc.). You last step is to start adhering everything to the card base. It really is easy to make handmade cards for the special people in your life...and they will appreciate it SO much :)

2 comments:

  1. That's a really nice looking card. I love giving and receiving handmade cards. I don't think I've bought a Hallmark in 20 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See helen, and you said you can't scrapbook! Card making is how I got started :) You're already on your way...you just don't know it yet!

    Thanks for the comments :)
    Edi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...